This vegetarian dish combines vibrant heritage ingredients with creamy cheese and the crunch of hazelnuts.
Stuff you’ll need
Get Stuck In
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Mix the egg whites, chopped rosemary and table salt together in a large bowl until the mixture forms a paste.
3. Cover each beetroot in a 2cm/¾in thick layer of the salt paste, ensuring there are no gaps.
4. Place the salt-crusted beetroot on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 2 hours.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Once cooled, crack the salt crust on the beetroot and discard. Peel, then make cuts in them.
7. Peel the grapefruit and cut into segments.
8. Toast the hazelnuts for 5 minutes in the oven.
9. Caramelise the hazelnuts by mixing the sugar and water together, letting the sugar dissolve into the water. Add a touch of lemon juice, then add the hazelnuts and the butter.
10. Serve ingredients on the mixed leaves and add chunks of Golden Cross on top.
400g red beetroot
300g golden beetroot
300g candy beets
3 egg whites
800g table salt
500g Golden Cross cheese
200ml house dressing
600g mixed leaves
Juice from half a lemon
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 2 hours