Master the art of this breakfast staple. In my opinion, poached eggs are best served with sour dough toast.
Stuff you’ll need
10 fresh large hens eggs
Salted boiling water
White wine vinegar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Get Stuck In
1. Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil, add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
2. Crack each egg you intend to poach into a separate small cup or bowl.
3. Reduce the water to a simmer and using a whisk stir the water into a whirlpool.
4. Quickly and carefully, tip the eggs into the water one at a time close to the surface. Cook a maximum of 3 eggs at a time.
5. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon.
7. If not using the eggs straight away drop them into ice water to stop the cooking process.