The secret to this burger is the combination of different cuts of beef and the minced beef running through the mix.
Stuff you’ll need
Get Stuck In
1. Mix the different minced cuts of beef together with your hands, adding the fat a little at a time making sure you do not overmix it.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 10 burgers.
3. Leave the burgers at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking them.
4. Season the burgers on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
5. Pan fry in hot vegetable oil or chargrilled for 2 minutes on each side for medium or 5 minutes for well done.
6. Warm the braised oxtail in a pan and load onto each burger.
7. Place two slices of Winterdale cheese on top of each burger and put under a hot grill to melt.
8. Slice the buns in half and toast them lightly under the grill before placing the burgers on the bases. Top with lettuce, tomato, gherkins and coleslaw before placing the lids on top.
500g braised oxtail
500g minced short rib
1Kg minced chuck
500g minced brisket
200g minced fat
10 slices of Winterdale Cheddar
200g smoked tomato chutney
5 onion petals
10 burger buns
Lettuce, tomato, gherkins, coleslaw - to dress
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 5 minutes