Served with a duck egg on sourdough toast, this eclectic array of mushrooms are packed full of flavour.
Stuff you'll need
Get Stuck In
1. In a frying pan sweat the shallots, garlic in the olive oil and butter, until translucent.
2. Turn up the heat and add the cleaned mushrooms and stir fry. Season with Salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Deglaze with the vermouth, reduce to a glace.
4. Add the cream and bring to the boil, simmer until thick and coating, add the herbs, lemon and taste for seasoning etc.
5. Gently fry the duck egg in warm/hot vegetable oil until the white is set and the yolk is soft and sunny.
6. Char grill the bread until golden. Load the toast with the mushrooms, top with the fried duck egg. Garnish with the dressed watercress.
10 thick slices of sourdough bread, buttered
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100g shallots, finely chopped
2 small cloves of garlic, finely chopped
500g chestnut mushrooms
500g girolle mushrooms
100ml double cream
Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
10g tarragon, roughly chopped
50ml lemon juice, to taste
10ml house dressing
10 duck eggs
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins