Making this liver parfait and vibrant chutney from scratch will wow dinner party guests for a starter.
Stuff you'll need
Get Stuck In:
1. For the chutney: place all the ingredients, into a small pan, bring to the boil, simmer for 45 minutes, once cooked pour into a tray and leave to cool.
2. For the liver: take the liver out of the fridge for ten minutes. Clean them from the white sinew. Preheat the oven to 120 Celsius. Clarify half of the butter and set to one side.
3. Slowly fry the shallots and garlic until soft, wipe the pan and turn the heat up putting the livers in, cooking the livers on both side for 1 minute and a half until lightly coloured, keeping the middle pink.
4. Pour in the brandy and simmer for a minutes, remove from the heat and add the shallots and the garlic. Once done that, blitz the liver with the shallots mix in the thermomix pouring the rest of the butter and season. Add pinch of pink salt. Continuing until well combined.
5. Make a double layers of cling film and insert it inside the terrine mould.
6. Pour the chicken mix into the terrine and cook bain marie for 20 minutes at 120 degrees Celsius.
7. Once cooked, place it straight in the blast chiller. Once set, pour on the clarify butter.
8. Serve with slices of brioche.
1.5kg chicken liver
4 garlic cloves
1 glass of brandy and Madeira
1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored & grated
25ml cider vinegar
0.5tbsp ground cloves
0.5tbsp mustard powder
100g caster sugar
Brioche to serve