This indulgent side dish is a rich accompaniment to meat main dishes.
Stuff you’ll need
1kg floury potatoes
60ml full fat milk, warmed
200g bone marrow
80g brioche crumb
Salt and white pepper
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 minutes
Get Stuck In
1. For the crumb, check the bone marrow has no pieces of bone in and dice up.
2. In a hot pan roast of the diced bone marrow, add the shallots and fry until translucent. Add the crumb and stir fry until golden brown, season with salt and pepper and finish with chopped parsley.
3. For the potatoes. Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes, then cut into even sized pieces.
4. Place in cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Drain and repeat the process. This time continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through.
6. Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer or mouli and then a sieve for fine dining. Do not use an electrical blender, as this will result in a glue-like consistency.
7. Add the butter and whip together, slowly add the milk and continue to whip. Check for seasoning before topping and serving.